2.4.11

Malcolm X & Cee-lo


"The slave master put his last name on us to denote that we were his property. So that when you see a negro today whose name is Johnson, when you go back in history he was once, his grandfather or one of his forefathers was owned by a white man who was named Johnson".



Cee-lo "freestyle"




--In the beginning there was none,other than the original people, skin blackened from the sun.But somewhere along the line I broke the laws of the divineAnd a curse was placed on this soul of minePale became the color of my faceFeelin out of place amongst the people of my raceFilled with hate, I moved to a colder climateIntercourse with animals and raw flesh was ateFilth and disease, sub zero degreesWith satan's blood in my veins didn't freezeThis hatred that I have for you, it runs deeper than your skinI hate the one that put me in this position that im inUntil I realize the powers of evilAnything I have to do I willI still kill and destroyWent home to Africa looking for slaves to employBlue eyes, lies and a smile was my only decoySnatch you up from your RootsWhat good is a spear when I have this new invention that shootsBrought you here then deceived youI changed and rearranged everything that you have ever believed trueMy soul is cold as ice isI sold you for pricesYou were hung from trees for sacrificesBut through the blood sweat tears and painGod's spirit in yall still remainedWhich is actually more than I gotBut I have a mansion and a yachtThe plot is makin you think that it's about what its notWith precision, I tell you lies through televisionDistort your religion, wrap you up in materialismHow could you kill your own?Don't you see, you're learning to act just like meBut be more aware, that the truth is thereI tell you all the time but you niggas don't dareBut not all of you, there a few, that get into themselves and books on shelvesand learn something newand once they knowthey become so powerful,but many don't have the means nor the inspiration to goTo school and I know they hate itBut you can't get a decent job unless you're properly educatedBut educated about what?It seems to me that thus far, you've only learned about who we areIsn't that funny? You'll give a school all your moneyFor what you thank you need but it's never guaranteedThe misled mislead youYour faith has been broken, provoking you to do whatever will feed youWell ill front you some cooked cocaine, in plain plastic sacks,to sell to your fellow blacksAnd while the foundation of your people cracksYou tried to resistBut I wont stop until you niggas don't existYou niggas strong though, I'll give you thatBut you must stupid be as hell to be that strong and still be where you atAnd you still don't have a clueI am who I am because of niggas like youpeace